A study of My Duc hospital has been published on Obstetrics & Gynecology journalFeb 25th, 2019
After a long period, the RCT study: "Pessary compared with vaginal progesterone for the prevention of preterm birth in women with twin pregnancies and cervical length less than 38mm" of My Duc Hospital has been published on Obstetrics and Gynecology Journal (also known as "The Green Journal") with Impact factor (IF) 4,982.
This study is the first RCT in the world to compare the effectiveness of cervical pessary to vaginal progesterone for the prevention of preterm birth in women with twin pregnancies and short cervix. The effect of preterm birth prevention between cervical pessary group and vaginal progesterone group resulted in similar rates of preterm birth at less than 34 weeks of gestation. Moreover, in women with twin pregnancies and cervical length of 28 mm, pessary significantly reduced the preterm birth rate compared to progesterone. This result contributes further evidence to improve in Obstetrics and Gynecological Practice.
The study was conducted under the cooperation between My Duc Hospital, Tu Du Hospital, University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Ho Chi Minh City, Monash University (Australia) and Research Center for Genetics and Reproductive Health (School of Medicine - HCM National University). In addition, the results of the study were reported at the prestigious international and local obstetrics and gynecology conferences, including:
- Late breaking abstract at the 38th Annual Meeting of Society for Maternal Fetal Medicine, January 29 – February 3, 2018, in USA. Later, the abstract was published in American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology (AJOG) in February 2018 (LB03).
- The world congress of the Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists (RCOG) on 21 – 24 March 2018 in Singapore. This study was ranked second out of 1164 abstracts of the Conference.
- The 17th annual conference of the Fetal Medicine Foundation in Greece, June 2018.
- The 28th Annual Meeting of the International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology (ISUOG) in Singapore, 20 – 24 October 2018.
- The 19th Vietnam - France - Asia - Pacific Obstetrics and Gynecology Conference in May 2018, Vietnam.
In addition, the study honorably won the 3rd prize - Achievement Award for Excellent Research held by HOSREM - Ho Chi Minh City Society for Reproductive Medicine.
- HOPE Research Center at EHSRE 2022
- WORKSHOP “From research to publication.”
- After the pandemic, Professor Ben Mol and his colleagues - Dr Rui Wang and Dr Wentao Li - visited Hope Research Center
- Researchers of HRC were honored to receive awards at the Asia Pacific Initiative on Reproduction (ASPIRE 2021)