Dr Nghia A Nguyen
|Org Unit||Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, University of Medicine and Pharmacy at Ho Chi Minh city|
Dr Nghia A Nguyen was graduated from University of Medicine and Pharmacy at Ho Chi Minh city (UMP) in 2003. After completing 3 years of internship of pediatrics at UMP, he underwent hissub-speciality training course in France. Then, in 2012, he began his 3 year - fellowship of Neuro-Epigenetics at University of Yamanashi, Japan and achieved his PhD degree in 2015.
Currently, he is an instructor in Department of Pediatrics of UMP. He is also Deputy Head of Medical Ethics & Sociology Department of UMP. Besides, Dr Nghia is working as a pediatrician at Children Hospital No.1, a tertiary hospital in the South of Viet Nam. In 2017, for the first time ever, University of Medicine and Pharmacy at Ho Chi Minh city has launched a new education program about medical professionalism. This new program is undertaken and provided oversight by Dr Nghia.
- 2015 PhD in Epigenetic Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Yamanashi, Japan.- Research on neuroscience and epigentics field under supervision of Prof. Takeo Kubota.
- 2007 – Dec. 2008 Medical extern of pediatrics at hospital Lenval and hospital l’Archet II, Nice, France
- 2003 – 2007 Medical intern of pediatrics, University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Ho Chi Minh city, Viet Nam
- 1997 – 2003 Medical student, Faculty of Medicine, University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Ho Chi Minh city, VietNam
- Tran, NQV., Nguyen, N.A., Takabe, K., Yamagata, Z., Miyake, K. (2017). Pre-treatment with amytryptyline causes epigenetic up-regulation of neuroprotection-associated genes and has anti-apoptotic effects in mouse neuronal cells. Neurotoxicol Teratol, 62: 1-12.
- Nguyen, N.A., Hirasawa, T., Kasai, H., Obata, C., Moriishi, K., Mochizuki, K., Koizumi, S., Kubota, T. (2015). Long-term imipramine increases N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor activity and expression via epigenetic mechanisms. Eur J Pharmacol, 752: 69-77.
- Nguyen, N.A., Tru, V.H. (2009). Clinical and laboratory aspects of systemic lupus erythematosus children with anticardiolipin at children’s hospital No1. Vietnam Journal of Medicine and Pharmacy, 357: 104-108.
Nov. 2017 -present Deputy Head of Department of Medical Ethics, University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Ho Chi Minh city, Viet Nam
Head of Professionalism Module, University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Ho Chi Minh city, Viet Nam
Jan. 2010 – present Lecturer, Department of Pediatrics, University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Ho Chi Minh city, Viet Nam
Nguyen is currently involved in teaching medical students and postgraduate students at University of Medicine and Pharmacy at Ho Chi Minh City.