Dr Tuong M. Ho
|Org Unit||IVFMD, My Duc Hospital|
|Location||04 Nui Thanh Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam|
• Doctor Tuong Ho is currently a senior consultant at IVFMD Fertility Center, My Duc Hospital, Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam. He is also Director of IVFAS Fertility Center, An Sinh Hospital, Ho Chi Minh City. He has been working in the field of assisted reproductive technology since 1997, when he joined the first IVF team in Viet Nam. He has both laboratory and clinical experience on IVF/ICSI.
• Dr. Ho served as Director of Research Center for Genetics and Reproductive Health, School of Medicine, Viet Nam National University from 2010 to 2017. Dr. Ho Manh Tuong and his group have had more than 15 publications in international journals, including NEJM, Human reproduction, Fertility and Sterility, RBMO… He has more than 100 articles and book chapters published in Vietnamese scientific journals and books. He has been invited speaker of more than 30 regional and international meetings.
• He is currently Deputy Editor of Vietnamese Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology. He has served as Secretary General for Ho Chi Minh City Society for Reproductive Medicine (HOSREM) since 2005. He is also a board member of VAGO (Viet Nam Association of Gynecology and Obstetrics). Dr. Ho Manh Tuong is board member (2012-2018) and treasurer (2016-2018) of the Asia Pacific Initiative on Reproduction (ASPIRE).
• Good Clinical Practice Training - The Ministry of Health, Vietnam 14-15 Nov 2011
• Maastricht School of Management (Outreach Program) - Master of Business Administration – 2008
• Jan – Sep 2001 – Research Methodology in Reproductive Health” (University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and Population Council)
• National University of Singapore - Master of Clinical Embryology 1999
• University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam - Doctor of Medicine 1993
• Scientific research award - "Infertility infertility test" - Ho Chi Minh City 2005
• Award of Achievement, first class Topic "Setting up technical process in prenatal genetic diagnosis (PGD) of embryos in in-vitro fertilization" (HOSREM ), 2011
• Achievement Award, Third prize "In-vitro Maturation Research and Application in Vietnam" (HOSREM), 2012
• Achievement Award, Third Prize "Effectiveness of using Atosiban in in vitro fertilization" Ho Chi Minh City (HOSREM), 2012 • First Prize, Achievement Award, Comparing two regimens for gonadotropin based on AMH and AFC in ovarian stimulation in IVF (HOSREM), 2013
• First Prize, Achievement Award, Use of GM-CSF embryo culture medium for in vitro fertilization Human Growth and Infertility Association, (HOSREM) 2014 • First Prize, Achievement Award, Comparing the efficacy of pergoveris (FSH + recombinant LH) and Follitropin alfa (recombinant FSH) in ovarian stimulation in patients> 35 years old, (HOSREM) 2015
• First prize, Achievement Award, Comparison of pregnancy results between fresh embryo transfer, (HOSREM) 2016
- Lan Ngoc Vuong, Tuong M Ho, Anh N Ha, Toan D Pham, Tam TN Le, Claus Yding Andersen, Peter Humaidan. The Effect of Intra-Ovarian Androgen Priming on Ovarian Reserve Parameters in Bologna Poor Responders. Reproductive BioMedicine Online. 2020; 40(2): 223-228
- Lan N Vuong, Tuong M Ho, Toan D Pham, Vu NA Ho, Claus Yding Andersen, and Peter Humaidan. The early luteal hormonal profile in IVF patients triggered with hCG. Human Reproduction. 2020; 35(1): 157-166 (IF 5.506)
- Lan N Vuong, Anh H Le, Vu NA Ho, Toan D Pham, Flor Sanchez, Sergio Romero, Michel De Vos, Tuong M Ho, Robert B Gilchrist, Johan Smitz. Live births after oocyte in vitro maturation with a prematuration step in women with polycystic ovary syndrome. Journal of Assisted Reproduction and Genetics. 2020. DOI: 10.1007/s10815-019-01677-6
- Lan N. Vuong, Toan D. Pham, Bao G. Huynh, Quynh N. Nguyen, Tuong M. Ho, Robert J Norman, Ben W. Mol. Live birth rate after transfer of fresh or frozen poor quality Day-3 embryos only. Fertility & Reproduction. 2019; 1(4): 161-168
- Flor Sanchez, Anh H. Le, Vu N. A. Ho, Sergio Romero, Heidi Van Ranst, Michel De Vos, Robert B. Gilchrist, Tuong M. Ho, Lan N. Vuong, Johan Smitz. Biphasic in vitro maturation (CAPA-IVM) specifically improves the developmental capacity of oocytes from small antral follicles. Journal of Assisted Reproduction and Genetics. 2019; 36(10):2135-2144. (IF 2.820)
- Nhu H. Giang, Lan N. Vuong, Toan D. Pham, Tuong M. Ho. Use of Corifollitropin Alfa for Ovarian Stimulation: A Retrospective Analysis of 804 Women Undergoing IVF/ICSI. Fertility & Reproduction. 2019; 1(2):93-98
- Anh N. Ha, Toan D. Pham, Vinh Q. Dang, Lan N. Vuong, Tuong M. Ho. Gonadotropin-Releasing Hormone Agonist Versus Human Chorionic Gonadotropin for Ovulation Induction in Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Patients Undergoing Intrauterine Insemination: A Randomised Controlled Trial. Fertility & Reproduction. 2019; 1(2): 88-92
- V.Q. Dang, L.N. Vuong, T.M. Ho, A.N. Ha, Q.N. Nguyen, B.T. Truong, Q.T. Pham, R. Wang, R.J. Norman, B.W. Mol. The effectiveness of ICSI versus conventional IVF in couples with non-male factor infertility: study protocol for a randomised controlled trial. Human Reproduction Open. 2019; 2019(2): hoz006
- Lan N. Vuong, Tuong M. Ho, Robert B. Gilchrist, Johan Smitz. The Place of In Vitro Maturation in Assisted Reproductive Technology. Fertility & Reproduction. 2019; 1(1):11-15.
- Lan N Vuong, Vu N A Ho, Tuong M Ho, Vinh Q Dang, Tuan H Phung, Nhu H Giang, Anh H Le, Toan D Pham, Rui Wang, Rob J Norman, Johan Smitz, Robert B Gilchrist, Ben W Mol. Effectiveness and safety of in vitro maturation of oocytes versus in vitro fertilisation in women with high antral follicle count: study protocol for a randomised controlled trial. BMJ Open 2018;8:e02341
- Lan N. Vuong, Toan D. Pham, Vinh Q. Dang, Tuong M. Ho, Vu N. A. Ho, Robert J. Norman, Ben W. Mol. Live birth rates with a freeze-only strategy versus fresh embryo transfer in subjects with elevated progesterone levels during IVF: secondary analysis of a randomized clinical trial. Reproductive Biomedicine Online. 2019;38(3):387-396. (IF 2.93)
- Vu N. A. Ho, T. D. Pham, A. H. Le, T. M. Ho and L. N. Vuong. Live birth rate after human chorionic gonadotropin priming in vitro maturation in women with polycystic ovary syndrome. Journal of Ovarian Research 2018; 11:70
- Khoa D. Le, Lan N. Vuong, Tuong M. Ho, Vinh Q. Dang, Toan D. Pham, Clarabelle T. Pham, Robert J. Norman, and Ben Willem J. Mol. A cost-effectiveness analysis of freeze-only or fresh embryo transfer in IVF of non-PCOS women, Human Reproduction 2018; 33(10): 1907-1914
- Le Dang Khoa, Tran Nhat Quang, Dang Quang Vinh, Nguyen Thi Ngoc Anh, Ho Manh Tuong, Kirsty Foster. The prevalence of job stressors among nurses in private in vitro fertilization (IVF) centres. Nursing Open. 2019; 6(1): 39–49.
- Vu NA Ho, Toan D Pham, Tuong M Ho, Lan N Vuong. Predictive Model for Live Birth at 12 Months After Starting In-Vitro Fertilization Treatment. MedPharmRes 2018; 2(2): 5-20
- Ali Abbara, Lan N. Vuong, Vu N. A. Ho, Sophie A. Clarke, Lisa Jeffers, Alexander N. Comninos, Rehan Salim, Tuong M. Ho, Tom W. Kelsey, Geoffrey H. Trew, Peter Humaidan, Waljit S. Dhillo. Follicle size on Day of Trigger Most likely to Yield a Mature Oocyte. Frontiers in endocrinology 2018; 9, 193
- Lan Ngoc Vuong, Vinh Quang Dang, Tuong Manh Ho, Bao Gia Huynh, Duc Tan Ha, Toan Duong Pham, Linh Khanh Nguyen, Robert J. Norman, Ben W. Mol. IVF Transfer of Fresh or Frozen embryos in women without Polycystic Ovaries. The New England Journal of Medicine 2018; 378:137-47
- Vuong L, Ho T, Phung T, Huynh B, Ha D, Humaidan P. Gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist (GnRHa) trigger in oocyte donors co-treated with a GnRH antagonist - a dose-finding study. Fertility and Sterility 2016; 105(2):356-363
- Vuong TN, Phung HT, Ho MT. Recombinant follicle-stimulating hormone and recombinant luteinizing hormone versus recombinant follicle-stimulating hormone alone during GnRH antagonist ovarian stimulation in patients aged ≥ 35 years: a randomized controlled trial. Human Reproduction 2015; 30(5):1188-1195
- Panagiotis Drakopoulos, Thi Ngoc Lan Vuong, Ngoc Anh Vu Ho, Alberto Vaiarelli, Manh Tuong Ho, Christophe Blockeel, Michel Camus, Anh Tuan Lam, Arne van de Vijver, Peter Humaidan, Herman Tournaye, Nikolaos P. Polyzos. Corifollitropin alfa followed by highly purified HMG versus recombinant FSH in young poor ovarian responders: a multicentre randomized controlled clinical trial. Human Reproduction 2017;32 (11): 2225–2233
- PN Minh, NQ Vinh, HM Tuong, MT Danh, VT Lan, DM Trong, HT Hai, NT Quoc, TL Hanh, Le Dong K, A Goto. A case-control study on the relationship between induced abortion and secondary tubal infertility in Vietnam. Fukushima J Med Sci; 48(1): 15 – 25. 2002
- VTN Lan, PH Tuan, LT Canh, HM Tuong, CM Howles. Progesterone supplementation during cryopreserved embryo transfer cycles: efficancy and convenience of two vagnial formulations. RBMOnline; 17(3): 318 – 323. 2008 o VTN Lan, RJ Norman, GH Nhu, PH Tuan, HM Tuong. Ovulation induction using low-dose step-up rFSH in Vietnamese women with polycyctic ovary symdrome. RBMOnline; 18(4): 516 – 521. 2009
- Ho MT, Vuong TNL (2009). Obstetric outcomes of pregnancies from in-vitro maturation of oocytes treatment. In “Reproductive Medicine and Surgery: from the Proceedings of the 15th World Congress on In Vitro Fertilization & 4th Congress on In Vitro Maturation”. Eds. Jean-Benard Dubuisson & Victor Gomel. Medimond: 37 – 40. 2009
- Vương Thị Ngọc Lan, Vũ Nhật Khang, Giang Huỳnh Như, Hồ Mạnh Tường (2012). Atosiban improves implantation and pregnancy rate in patients with repeated implantation failure. RBMOnline; 25(3): 250 – 260. 2012
- Lan VTN, Linh NK, Tuong HM, Wong PC, Howles CM. Anti-Müllerian hormone versus antral follicle count for defining the starting dose of FSH. Reprod Biomed Online. 2013 Oct;27(4):390-9. doi: 10.1016/j.rbmo.2013.07.008. o Lan VTN, Linh NK, Tuong HM, Wong PC, Howles CM. Anti-Müllerian hormone versus antral follicle count for defining the starting dose of FSH. Reprod Biomed Online. 2013 Oct;27(4):390-9. doi: 10.1016/j.rbmo.2013.07.008.
- Iliodromiti S, Lan VT, Tuong HM, Tuan PH, Humaidan P, Nelson SM (2013). Impact of GnRH agonist triggering and intensive luteal steroid support on live-birth rates and ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome: a retrospective cohort study. J Ovarian Res. 2013 Dec 26;6(1):93. doi: 10.1186/1757-2215-6-93
- Ernest Hung Yu Ng, Raymond Hang Wun Li, Leining Chen, Vuong Thi Ngoc Lan, Ho Manh Tuong, Song Quan (2014) A randomized double blind comparison ao atosiban undergoing IVF treatment. Human Reproduction; 29(12): 2687-94. o Vuong Thi Ngoc Lan. Vo Minh Tuan, Ho Manh Tuong (2015). Predictive value of AMH, FSH and AFC for determining ovarian response in Vietnamese women undergoing assisted reproductive technology: a prospective study.
• Dr. Ho was Director of Research Center for Genetics and Reproductive Health, School of Medicine, Viet Nam National University HCMC, from 2010 to 2017. He has led a group of clinicians and scientists and participated many research projects.
• Founder of Research Center for Genetics and Reproductive Health, School of Medicine, Viet Nam National University HCMC.
• Dr. Tuong Ho and his team has collaborated with international researchers and research centers in the field of Reproductive Medicine
• Collaboration with Professor RJ Norman and and Professor Ben Mol, University of Adelaide, Robinson Institute
• Professor Nikos Polyzos and Professor Blockeel, Center for Reproductive Medicine, Free University of Brussels, Belgium
• Collaboration with Professor Peter Humaidan, Faculty of Health, Aarhus University, Denmark.
• Collaboration with Professor Enerst Ng, University of Hongkong.
• Collboration with Professor PC Wong, National University of Singapore.
• Dr. Ho Manh Tuong is board member (2012-2018) and treasurer (2016-2018) of the Asia Pacific Initiative on Reproduction (ASPIRE). He has been invited speaker of more than 30 regional and international meetings.
• Dr Ho has mentored for several young researchers during the time he served as Director of Research Center for Genetics and Reproductive Health, School of Medicine, Viet Nam National University HCMC.
• He has served as Deputy Editor of Vietnamese Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology since 2012.
• Dr. Tuong was among the first IVF team in Vietnam in 1997, and has experienced more than 20,000 ART cycles since then, including conventional IVF, ICSI, oocyte donation, oocyte freezing and frozen embryo transfer.
• He has also been involved in training and technical support for the establishment of most IVF centers in Vietnam, and is also a senior lecturer of many ART training courses in Vietnam. He has more than 50 presentations (oral, poster) at regional and international meetings, congresses. He has been invited speakers at many regional and international meetings and congresses.